Wow. Can you believe it is 2013? I can't either. However, here we are, and what a wild, wild ride 2012 was for the Hill family. I don't know about your 2012, but ours was filled with amazing ups and downs. Here are just a 10 of the items that stuck in my mind:
- On January 4, God blessed our family with a … baby boy! Yeah, we were just as thrilled and amazed as everyone else. More on Corbin James later.
- In February, I hopefully started an annual tradition with my father. I invited him and he came up and attended the Northwest Arkansas Men's Conference at our Cross Church Pinnacle Hills campus. It was a refreshing time and I look forward to many more opportunities to spend time with him.
- As much as birth brings joy and anticipation, sudden loss brings sadness and reflection. In March, our aunt Lucy Thames was taken from this place and arrived in a more glorious place. We will miss her immensely, but know one day soon, we will be reunited.
- April 2012 brought more responsibility to our family, as I was voted and accepted the position of POA President for our Bridgeport POA in west Fayetteville. Only time will tell how smart this move was.
- The summer of 2012 brought many trips to Lake Ouachita as is our normal fare. However, the annual trip to the beach was postponed as we attended to baby Corbin.
- For the first time, I was able to attend the College World Series in Omaha, NE. With great friends we watched the Hogs beat Kent State and advance to within a game of the Championship Series. 2013 looks very bright.Maybe a trip back with Corbin in 2013 is on the docket?
- In August, God continued to bless my family as he provided the opportunity and paved the way for me to purchase a large share of IFWORLD. My prayer and desire is to continue to honor God and my family in this new position and be a witness through IFWORLD and grow it to provide for my second family in my workplace.
- In the fall I was privileged to lead a Men's Bible study at our Cross Church Fayetteville campus. It was a great study and I look forward to learning more from these Godly men in 2013.
- In November, I started another new tradition (hopefully) with my father, as I was able to spend a few days with my him as we hunted in SW AR. It was a blessing to me and I hope he feels the same.
- As the year came to a close, during our Christmas trip to Dierks, we were able to witness the first white Christmas in a very long time. Dierks received nearly 7″ of snow on Christmas afternoon and night. It was beautiful.
I plan to use my blog here to chronicle life as it happens for my family here in our small place in the world. All of the good times, the trials, the joys and the opportunities. Hopefully you will enjoy them, and gain inspiration from them.
I will close this initial post with the following verse to ponder today:
"But those who trust in the Lord will find new strength. They will soar high on wings like eagles. They will run and not grow weary. They will walk and not faint." — Isaiah 40:31