Here they are:
Thursday, October 8
#21 Nebraska @ #24 Missouri
- Nebraska's defense is just too good to lose this game.
- Missouri SOS (111), Nebraska SOS (84), Nebraska hung with Va Tech in Blacksburg while Mizzou, yeah, Furman??? Really??
- Nebraska 35 Missouri 17
Saturday, October 10
Boston College @ #5 Virginia Tech
- Two very good defenses in a very maligned conference. If Va Tech is #5, then how big is the gap between #4 and #5 in the country?
- The Hokies seldom lose at home and they are actually playing very good football right now … for the ACC.
- Can the Eagles tap the emotion again for this game from like they had at home against the Seminoles?
- Boston College 20 Virginia Tech 27
#17 Auburn @ Arkansas
- Offense! Offense! Offense! That is the theme in Fayetteville on this brisk Saturday morning!
- Whose offensive mind will prevail? The one touted as the best in college football (Petrino) or the upstart from nearby Springdale (Malzhan)?
- In the end, it could be whomever has the ball last. And in the SEC, go with the home team if all else is equal.
- Auburn 38 Arkansas 41
#3 Alabama @ #20 Ole Miss
- Bama is playing like #1 instead of #3 right now and Ole Miss just doesn't have everyone on the same page yet.
- McElroy is still undefeated as a starting QB, and Snead will be facing immense pressure this week from the Bama DL. 3 picks against Vandy doesn't bode will for him.
- Pay attention to the action on the sidelines, as this on is sure to full of chinese fire drills from Hootie and the visiting Rebels.
- Alabama 28 Ole Miss 13
Kansas State @ Texas Tech
- What is easier than Tech's non-conference schedule? Playing the Little XII North. Once again the worst division in a BCS Conference.
- Potts is probably out, but does it really matter? It is a system, and you just plug the next guy in and go for the Red Raiders.
- The Wildcats lost to Louisiana Layfayette??? Oh Lord.
- K State 28 Texas Tech 49
#22 Georgia Tech @ Florida State
- Tough one here. Which FSU team shows up? Will they circle the wagons for embattled coach Bowden? Will they fold like a cheap suit?
- Georgia Tech has shown they can handle adversity and I look for them to stay the course here. However, if FSU jumps on them early it is over.
- Georgia Tech controls the clock and Mickey Andrews goes through an entire tub of Double Bubble.
- Wrambling Wreck 27 Seminoles 23
Michigan @ #12 Iowa
- Call me crazy but a team the can only beat Arkansas State by 3 at home isn't going to be able to handle the improving Michigan offense.
- Forcier has another big game and the nation is once again subjected to Big 10 Mediocrity at its finest.
- Wolverines 24 Hawkeyes 20
#15 Oklahoma State @ Texas A&M
- This game got REAL interesting this week when Dez Bryant was declared ineligible by the NCAA.
- They still have a defense in Stillwater though and the Aggie offensive line is still trying to block Jack Bequette and Tank Wright from Arkansas.
- This one should be interesting to see how the Aggies respond after the whipping in Arlington. Wait, Yep, Jerrod Johnson just got sacked again.
- Cowboys 45 Aggies 27
#13 Oregon @ UCLA
- So, the Duck offense back? Boise State sure hopes so. With Oregon continuing to win, that early win by Boise keeps pushing them up the BCS rankings.
- If Masoli plays it is a cake walk for the Ducks. If not, the Bruins D make life very tough for the Ducks.
- Oregon 31 UCLA 17
Tie-Breaker (Give the Score)
#1 Florida @ #4 LSU
- What? You honestly think Touchdown Timmy won't play in this game? This is the one true test for Florida before the SEC Championship game. Of course he plays.
- This game will win the heisman for Touchdown Timmy. Not only this game, but the 1,000,000 times ESPN replays him leaving Commonwealth stadium in an ambulance.
- LSU @ night has won 32 consecutive games. It is hard to beat Death Valley at night full of 90,000+ drunk out of their mind Cajuns. Will it be enough?
- Les Miles might have the miracle potion to stop Touchdown Timmy, but the Tigers will need to run the ball better to control the game.
- Touchdown Timmy 31 Big Hat Miles 24