Here they are:
#21 Nebraska 27 @ #24 Missouri 12 Final
- For three quarters the monsoon and the Tiger D completely shut down the Huskers. Then the rains stopped and the Husker offense showed up. 27 4th quarter points.
- Ndamukong Suh is a beast at DT for the Huskers. If you haven't seen him play, watch the next Husker game when you can. Amazing talent.
Boston College 14 @ #5 Virginia Tech 48 Final
- The Hokies flexed their ACC muscle at home against a "decent" opponent. The ACC is WAY down this year and the Hokies are just sleep walking through the conference.
- If they can win next week in Atlanta, it should be smooth sailing to an 11 – 1 record. However, will it be enough to be them in the BCS Championship game? Probably not.
#17 Auburn 23 @ Arkansas 44 Final
- The "Hurry-Up No-Huddle Offense" of Gus Malzhan made it to Fayetteville … then it crapped out. For all but a 5-minute span in the 3rd quarter, the previously anemic Hog Defense stopped the Tigers vaunted offense cold.
- The Hog defense set the tone early by only allowing 28 yards of Tiger offense in the first quarter. Mallett, Smith, and the Hog offense too care of the rest.
- It was over when Auburn fumbled on the Arkansas 3 and the Hogs drove 97 yards to grab the momentum back for the Hogs.
#3 Alabama 22 @ #20 Ole Miss 3 Final
- Jevan Snead had a day to remember, well remember if you were the Tide defense that is. He threw 4 INT and never got the offense going for the Hootie Nutt Rebels.
- All of those pre-season prognosticators who were just in LOVE with the Rebels and put them in their Top 5, how you like them now?? Forgot Hootie was the coach huh??
Kansas State 14 @ Texas Tech 66 Final
- For those of you thinking it really mattered who was QB for the Mad Scientist's offense, this game proved it doesn't. Getting his first start, Steven Sheffield threw for 490 yards and 7 TD. It is a system folks.
- Wonder if Bill Snyder is reconsidering coming out of retirement for this??? I mean, really.
#22 Georgia Tech 49 @ Florida State 44 Final
- Talk about offense. In a game the Seminoles were playing for their embattled Bobby Bowden, they couldn't stop the air on Defense. They gave up 401 yards rushing to GT and put a lot more pressure on Bowden.
- For only the second time in his 34 years as the head coach of the Seminoles, Bobby Bowden's team is 2 – 4. What happens from here?
Michigan 28 @ #12 Iowa 30 Final
- Michigan benched Tate Forcier the last two possesions of the game. The first one paid dividends in getting the score to be 30 – 28. The second possesion didn't pay off as Robinson threw an INT to end the game.
- This game proved once again that big-time football is not being played right now in the Big 10. Iowa's highly touted defense gave up too many points to a very young Michigan offense.
#15 Oklahoma State 36 @ Texas A&M 31 Final
- The Cowboys overcame the loss of their top two playmakers and got a big victory on the road in the Little XII. Robinson threw 2 TDs and the Cowboys beat the Aggies in consecutive games for the first time in 7 years.
- Jarrod Johnson still threw for almost 300 yards and 3 TD, but the Aggie defense just isn't there right now.
#13 Oregon 24 @ UCLA 10 Final
- After an extremely sluggish first half and getting shut out, the Ducks stormed out of the locker room and scored 21 points in the first 4 mins of the second half to put the game away.
- It looks like the Ducks are starting to exert their will in the PAC-10. After already beating Cal, if they get by Washington next week on the road, they only have USC left to claim the PAC-10 title. And they get them at home.
#1 Florida 13 @ #4 LSU 3 Final
- Of course Tim Tebow played, but he was NOT the headline of this game. The headline was the Florida defense. Completely shutting down any Tiger offense and Jordan Jefferson looked lost all night long.
- Florida has two more games against the SECW. They have lost to an SECW team every year under Urban Meyer. Will it be next week @ home against Arkansas or in Starkvegas against Mississippi State??
Brick of the Week (BOTW)
This was a very good week for almost ALL contestants. The average correct this week was 8.35 out of 10. However, there were a few picks that sort of left me scratching my head. One of those did very much stand out as head and shoulders above the rest. Two contestants actually picked the Kansas State Wildcats to go to Lubbock and beat the Red Raiders. Considering that the final was 66 – 14 in favor of the Red Raiders, these two individuals will therefore share the BOTW this week. They were Mr. Charles "I just want the POTW, not the COTW" Hopkins and Mr. Alex "I LOVE the Yankees AND the Sooners" Rowland. Congratulations guys!
Pick of the Week (POTW)
This week was very difficult to give out a POTW award. When you have so many correct picks in a given week it is very hard to choose one pick over another. We did even have four individuals go 10 – 0. Therefore, those four individuals will share the POTW this week for their pick of all 10 games correctly. The three are Mrs. April "Getting ready for the NY trip" Mashburn, Mrs. Tammy "Some day people will start listening to me about the Hogs" Tucker, Mr. Steven "Finally some offense for the Red Raiders" Leija, and Mr. Jerry "I am not on the Gus Bus" Tuckers. Congratulations folks!
Champion of the Week (COTW)
Well, as you know from the POTW winners, we had four individuals make all 10 picks correct for this week. Therefore, obviously we have to then go to the tie-breaker. Considering that the Florida/LSU game was a very defensive battle and most expected it to be a very high scoring game then the tie-breaker was interesting. The tie-breaker scores were 57, 43, 29, and 21. The individual with the 21?? That would be Mr. Jerry "I guess the Gus Bus ran out of gas on the way to Fayetteville" Tucker. Congratulations my friend!
Standings for Week 6
10 – 0
Jerry Tucker (21)
Steven Leija (29)
Tammy Tucker (43)
April Mashburn (57)
9 – 1
8 – 2
7 – 3
6 – 4
5 – 5
Overall Standings After Week 6
45 – 15
44 – 16
43 – 17
42 – 18
41 – 19
40 – 20
39 – 21
38 – 22
38 – 12
37 – 13
32 – 18
26 – 24