Sorry for the delay in getting these out.
Top 10 Things I Saw/Read/Heard From Week 3 in College Football
- Ohio State really can't handle teams that have players with any kind of speed. Speed kills, but obviously that memo hasn't made it to Jim Tressel's desk yet.
- People want to talk about how UGA "struggled" against USC-E this week. You try playing against THAT D in Columbia. It isn't an easy task my friend. This is the SEC.
- OU avenged a trip to Oregon a couple of years ago by whipping up on the Huskies from Washington. OU might be playing the best ball of any team right now.
- Chase Daniel has to have a leg up on the Heisman Trophy. However, that other guy in the race is probably the one on the other end of most of those passes. Jeremy Maclin.
- Wisconsin went on the road an won in a hostile environment. It wasn't pretty, but the Badgers pulled out the W. Fresno is for real.
- 3 – 2. Yep, that 2-run double off the wall in the top of the eight proved to be the difference for the visiting Tigers in their win over the Bulldogs.
- The Runnin Rebs stormed back to stun the Sun Devils at home in OT. The Sun Devils were just looking ahead to their match-up with JawJa next weekend. Right?
- The worst loss in UCLA history since 1929. Yep, that is on the Neuiheisel list right after the stunning upset of Tennessee to open the year. REALLY HIGH then really low.
- True freshman Maikon Bonani kicked the game winner as time expired to lift the Bulls over the Jayhawks in a very entertaining game in South Florida.
Brick of the Week
I was thinking it might be very easy to give this award this week. I figured I would just take it justifiably so after picking the Bruins to walk in and end BYU's winning streak after their stirring upset of Tennessee two weeks prior. However, of course, that didn't happen as the Cougars just simply mauled the Bruins. Beyond all recognition. Then come to find out, I wasn't the only one to pick the Bruins! So, the BOTW goes to Mr. Lee "That wasn't holding" Smith, Mr. Lance "Bye Bye Lane" Williams, Mr. Jonathan "How bout them Cowboys" Butcher, Mrs. April "Chalk it up to being pregnant" Mashburn, and Mr. Damon "Slick Rick comes back down to Earth" Hill. Good job guys for bailing me out on that one 😉
Pick of the Week
When the favorite wins in every game, it is sometimes hard to give this award. That is exactly what happened this week, as in the 9 games we had, every single favorite came out on top. So, by default, these individuals win as they correctly picked Notre Dame to beat Michigan in South Bend. When in reality, Michigan beat Michigan in South Bend last weekend. Those are Mr. Gene "Could have been worse" Strode, Mr. Jason "Don't call me Shirley" Shirey, Mr. Jerry "Antwan Robinson needs a skirt" Tucker, Mr. Carroll "I love soccer" Walls, Mr. Jonathan "Always go with the Irish" Butcher, and Mrs. April "See, the pregnancy is the problem" Mashburn. Congratulations folks!
Champion of the Week
This week, we almost had our first perfect week. If the Bulldogs from Fresno could have found a way to hold up their end of the bargain and knocked off the Badgers at home, it would have happened. However, since they couldn't we had an 8 – 1 record posted this week. Not too shabby. Therefore, the Champion of Week 3 of RazorPicks is none other than Mr. Jason "That was a Pig Roast on Saturday" Shirey. Congratulations bud!
Actual Scores of the Games
South Florida 37
South Carolina 7
Texas postponed to 9/27
Notre Dame 35
Texas Tech 43
Fesno State 10
Southern Miss 27
Arkansas State 24
Ohio State 7
Standings for the Week
|8 – 1|
|7 – 2|
|6 – 3|
|5 – 4|
Standings After Week 3
|23 – 6|
|22 – 7|
|21 – 8|
|20 – 9|
|19 – 10|
|12 – 7|