Here are the results from week 4 of the contest.
Top 10 Things Saw/Heard/Read From College Football's Week 4
- Haskins has Colorado 3 – 0 in his second year. Is there a revival happening on Boulder? Or is it just inferior competition?
- Moreno and JawJa ran over the Sun Devils and silenced "some" of their critics. They are a very good team. Time will prove that.
- Phat Phil in Tennessee is in a whole lot of trouble this year it seems. Calling your QB dumb is not a way to win over friends.
- LSU and Auburn rumbled on the Plains in an amazing old-fashioned slobber-knocker in which visiting Tigers prevailed.
- Casey Dick threw more TD passes to Bama players than did John Parker Wilson. Only problem is Casey was playing for Arkansas in that game against the Tide.
- BYU has now won their last two games by a combined score of 103 – 0. I am not sure what is more impressive their the Cougar O or the Cougar D.
- The ECU Pirates BCS dreams were dashed by the Pack in OT when Patrick Pinkney fumbled away the game.
- In a major defensive battle in the ACC, the Demon Deacons completely shut down the Seminoles in winning 12 – 3.
- Michigan State RB Ringer runs all over the Irish in a 23 – 7 win for Sparty in East Lansing.
- The last time Boise State won @ Oregon they went on to win the Fiesta Bowl over Oklahoma. Could this be a repeat?
Brick of the Week
Most games went to the favorite this week. Some were more of a blowout than others. However, once prime-time game provides us with the BOTW for Week 4. This contestant felt that Georgia's struggles at South Carolina was going to be an indicator of issues they would have in the desert in Tempe. However, that really didn't happen. The Sun Devils were handled easily and JawJa moved to 4 – 0. Therefore, this week's BOTW goes to Mr. Jamey "It was really bad Saturday in Razoback Stadium" Vaught. Sorry bud. 🙂
Pick of the Week
Since most of the games this week did go to the favorite, the POTW was not that easy to decide. However, one game provided us with some intrigue and some mystery. A potential "fly in the ointment" of the BCS was knocked from the ranks fo the unbeteans after appearing to make it through the tough part of their schedule. However, the Pirates ran into a buzz saw in the NC State Wolfpack. Therefore, those picking the Pack receive the POTW. Those include Mr. Brian "A Wolf Pack Beats a Pirate every day" Mashburn, Mr Jason "Reese loves the Barbie Hummer" "Shirey, and Mr Steven "I can almost taste Doe's" Leija. Congratulations guys!
Champion of the Week
Well with 4 people taking a break from the contest this week, the average correct number of picks jumped to 7.2. There were almost some perfect set of picks again this week as two individuals correctly picked 9 out of 10. Consequently they were both Florida State fans as they picked the Seminoles to beat the Demon Deacons at home. Alas, that didn't happen in a very defensive struggle in the lowly ACC. Thus the tie-breaker was brought into affect once again. This week's COTW had a tie-break score of 5. That is a very impressive score. Therefore, COTW for Week 4 is Mr. Steven "Tamales at Doe's" Leija. Congratulations my brother-from-another-mother.
Actual Scores of the Week's Games
Wake Forest 12
Florida State 3
Texas Tech 56
Arizona State 10
East Carolina 24
NC State 30 F/OT
Middle Tennessee 14
Arkansas State 31
Week 4 Standings
9 – 1
8 – 2
7 – 3
6 – 4
5 – 5
Overall Standings After Week 4
30 – 9
29 – 10
28 – 11
27 – 12
26 – 13
25 – 14
20 – 9
19 – 10
12 – 7