Here we go….
Top Things Saw/Heard/Read From the Weekend that Was Week 2 of College Football
- Tim Tebow throwing for 3 TD and running for 2 more against the Men of Troy University
- Texass bounced back to upend TCU in their upset bid in Austin. The Horned Frog D was just on the field too long.
- Penn State handled Notre Dame, but not as easily as most would have figured in Happy Valley with Claussen making his NCF debut.
- The porous L'ville defense giving up tons of yardage against…..wait for it…..Middle Tennessee State. If that D doesn't improve soon, the Cardinals stay in the BCS Title talk will soon end.
- Oregon's Dennis Dixon and his heisman-esque performance against a deplorable Michigan D in the Big House. Simply amazing.
- When is Rutgers going to play someone this year? So far they have beaten Buffalo and Navy. Up this week? Mighty Norfolk State. No way Ray Rice should even be considered in the Heisman talk with that deplorable schedule.
- The Ol Ball Coach pulled of a HUGE win for his program when he beat their arch-rival Jawga "between the hedges" in Athens. That Gamecock D is looking pretty stout.
- Satan got his first SEC win at Bama when the Tide held on to beat Vandy in Nashville. Up next for Satan. The Darren McFadden Show.
- So, is LSU really THAT good or is Va Tech THAT overrated? I tend to lean toward the latter. LSU is good, no doubt. But Va Tech is not Top 25 with that offense.
- For the first time in the over 120+ years of college football, both Michigan and Notre Dame are 0 – 2. Someone has to win Saturday when the two square off in the Big House. Lloyd Carr may not survive the weekend in Ann Arbor when the Wolverines open 0 – 3. AT HOME!!
Brick of the Week
After watching the games on Saturday and before looking at all of the picks on Sunday, I figured that the BOTW would be very, very easy this week. I knew I had a prime candidate in my picking of TCU over Texas in Austin. Or even, my picking of Boise State to continue their nation-best winning streak in Spokane against Washington. However, once the dust settled and the final statistics were calculated, I was wrong. Dead wrong. This week, the BOTW goes to three individuals. For some reason these three felt that in Death Valley, at night, with a worse than deplorable classless crowd, that Va Tech could pull off the upset against LSU. Nope. 48 – 7 is not even close. Therefore, the BOTW this week goes to: Mr. Carl "Honestly, I love me some Tyron Taylor" Mayo, Ms. Ashley "K-State all the way" Mosley, and Mr. Jerry "Welcome to your new job!" Tucker.
Pick of the Week
Now, if I thought the BOTW was easy, I had no idea how easy the POTW was going to be. I thought there would once again be some ties here and several people would win the award. However, that was not to be the case. Only 1, that's right1, out of 18 contestants picked this upset correctly during this week. Therefore, for picking the Ol Ball Coach and the Gamecocks to storm Athens and come home victorious, the POTW for week 2 goes to Mr. Brian "This thing really is a Crackberry" Mashburn. Congratulations bud!
Champion of the Week
For the first time this, year the tie-breaker was in effect. 4 individuals correctly picked 8 of the 10 games. And each of those 4 picked LSU to beat Va Tech. Therefore, we had to go to the tie-breaker formula to determine our winner. So, with a tie-break score of 11, the winner of the RazorPicks Week 2 goes to Mr. Gene "Man, we scored 50 on Horatio" Strode. Congratulations bud.
Game Results Week 2
South Carolina 16
Notre Dame 10
Penn State 31
Texas Tech 45
Boise State 10
Va Tech 7
Standings Week 2
8 – 2
Gene Strode (11)
April Mashburn (20)
Brian Mashburn (23)
Alex Rowland (30)
7 – 3
6 – 4
5 – 5
17 – 3
16 – 4
15 – 5
14 – 6
8 – 2
7 – 3
5 – 5